Archie Adams Admin replied

529 weeks ago

With the next patch less than a week away here we are again sitting patiently waiting to sink our teeth into new content. Some a little less patiently than others like our resident hardcore,highly competitive healers Hax Etc and Oxnard Montalvo. Keep your pants on guys 2.2 is just around the corner ;). According to Ox groups 1 and 3 are racing against eachother on who can complete the new turns of coil first. Something a little like this:

A little in-house rivalry sounds interesting. May the best team win!

Oph and I commissioned manga artist Lita Tachibana to draw our characters and so far the drafts look pretty sweet:

The final will be full color and a lot more detailed. If you guys would like your character drawn check out her deviantart page here lita426t and follow the order instructions on the page. You have to be quick though. She only opens up her commission slots mid month and they fill up same day. If you do manage to commission her I can help take reference screenshots of your character. Try to get your requests in early so I can use the art for the upcoming company video project I have in the works. I can't reveal too many details but you can see some of my old work here: https://www.youtube.com/user/AlmostHeroesFFXIV

I know a few of our groups still haven't beat Twintania yet due to varying circumstances. For a lot of you it's a goal to beat her before they start nerfing T5 but step back a minute and realize it's not necessarily the end of the world if you don't. All we can really do is coach and cheer you on. If you really want this win soon everyone's going to have to sacrifice a little more sleep, time, pride, etc.

In other news, Guildwork is forcing every one of its sites to convert to bootstrap 3 which means the site looks a little different and don't even try to view this on your phone.Thanks Obama. Also our mumble host Command Channel has been dealing with DDoS attacks for weeks causing lag and disconnects. I'll look into this a little more and see what options we have if this persists.

In closing, I realize there's a lot that's been going on and I haven't been on as much. Oph, Ox and our other officers have been doing a great job in keeping the company in order. I'll be around a lot more starting next week. I'm ready (not really) to get back on the grind. If you've got questions concerns then hit me up on Line, Guildwork, or in-game. All I can say is don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow, just live for right now. See you guys next week.

~Arch

last edited 529 weeks ago by Archie Adams

Grim replied

529 weeks ago

d'oh! I keep missing my chance to get a commission from her!

Axin Sylph Member replied

529 weeks ago

I'm always game for a challenge so count me in for The Great Coil Race v2.2!

I don't think it should be a problem but I'd just suggest that we don't get too over-focused on a competition and remember the FC as a whole, including helping one another out with the strategizing and discussing what does and doesn't work. As we all know from hundreds of collective hours logged in ALL coil groups, the challenge is not so much in discovering what needs to be done, but rather in the implementation.
Please log in to post a reply.